EU Business School
CONTACT US! Contact -->

Or if you prefer you can contact us via e-mail or telephone at the adress below

Montreux Mail Location

+41 21 964 84 64

This website uses cookies to improve your user experience and to show you content related to your preferences. If you continue browsing, we consider that you agree to their use. More information
EU Business School admissions

International Summer School - Visas & Permits


A) European Union citizens:

European Union citizens need to be in possession of a valid European Union Identification Card or passport; there is no additional visa requirement.

B) Non-European Union citizens:

A student visa is mandatory for non-European Union citizens wishing to study in Spain for three months or longer. A student visa must be processed in your country of residence prior to your departure. You cannot get the visa in Spain and you cannot have it sent to you. The visa is affixed in your passport before you depart from your country and must be presented to immigration officials upon your entry into Spain.

After arriving in Barcelona, students have 30 days to apply for a Student Residence Permit. This must be renewed yearly. Due to the overwhelming demand for student visas, it is important that you start your process early to allow enough time for the consulate to process your request.

You must submit the following documentation:

  1. A passport valid for at least six months from the date of application
  2. Four recent passport-size pictures (stapled on to each copy of the application)
  3. An original letter addressed to the Spanish Consulate verifying enrollment as a full-time student at EU Business School in Spain and verification of payment of tuition. This must be a separate letter.
  4. A medical certificate, which should be typed on your doctor’s stationery, verifying that you are in good health, free of contagious diseases, drug addiction or mental illness. These items must be specified in the letter and signed by a medical doctor.
  5. A letter assuming full financial responsibility for tuition as well as room and board for your entire stay in Spain. Rental costs in Barcelona range between €450 and €650 per month.

Please contact your nearest Spanish consulate or embassy for more information on how to apply for a student visa.



Barcelona Residence Permit and Number
After arriving in Spain, all international students must apply for a residence number called a Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE). Non-European Union residents must also apply for a student residence permit.

All of the forms mentioned below, as well as detailed instructions on the residence process, are available at the EU Admissions Office on the Barcelona campus. Make sure that you visit the office on the ground floor before you do anything so that our staff can make sure that you have all your paperwork filled out correctly and that you follow the correct procedure to complete all the documents.

Every student wishing to pursue studies in Barcelona (both European Union and non-European Union residents) MUST register as a resident (empadronamiento) in the city. You can register at your nearest district council office.

You must take the following:

  • Passport (original and copy)
  • Proof of residence (rental contract in your name or tenant authorization form)

District council offices: Office hours are generally from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

  • Sarriá, St. Gervasi – C/Anglí, 31
  • Eixample – C/Aragó, 311
  • Les Corts – Pl. Comas, 18

Once you register, EU nationals need to apply for a resident number and non-European Union residents must also apply for a European resident card.

A) NIE process for European Union citizens (download info pdf):

European Union residents need only obtain a Spanish residence number (NIE) as their own identification card is valid in Spain. 

This is done at the Immigration Office (Oficina de Extranjería) in Barcelona

You need to book your appointment online:

Rambla Guipuscoa 74
Hours: 9:00-14:00
T +34 93 520 14 10

You must take the following with you:

  • Official application for NIE (filled out and signed), Ex-15 plus two copies of the same
  • Your current, valid passport (original plus copy)
  • Proof of health insurance from your country of origin or purchased private insurance in Spain (at least one year)
  • Letter of residence (empadronamiento, received at your local district council office)
  • Letter of enrollment from EU Barcelona
  • Three passport photos

The administration office will be pleased to assist you.

B) NIE for Non-European Union Nationals (download info pdf):

Non-European Union residents must obtain a residence number and a national identification card with this number, as the identification cards from non-European Union countries are not recognized for residency in Spain. The process normally takes about four weeks.

This is done at the Immigration Office (Oficina de Extranjería) in Barcelona

You need to book your appointment online:

Rambla Guipuscoa 74
Hours: 9:00-14:00
T +34 93 520 14 10

You must take originals and two copies of the following:

  • Official form (filled out and signed), available at the EU administration offices (Ex-17) plus two copies
  • Letter of residence (empadronamiento)
  • Valid passport and copy
  • Student Visa D
  • Photocopy of entry to Spain stamp in your valid passport
  • Three passport photos
  • Certificates of enrollment
  • Receipt of tuition payment(s)

The administration office will be pleased to assist you.